Saturday, February 23, 2019

Investigative Journalism:


https://pixabay.com/en/photos/dustbin/

 I live in an apartment building and most of my neighbors complain about the trash policy. I took my time to investigate what is the office take about this issue. The people who are working in the office do not know me because it is under new management. I went in as a future resident looking for a two bedroom apartment. This is the information I got about trash collection criteria:
“Place trash cart at collection point (street curb or alley) by 7 a.m. on your scheduled collection day to ensure pickup. Put trash in sealed plastic bags before placing in cart. Bags placed outside cart will not be collected, except following a city-designated holiday. Do not put corrugated cardboard boxes, recyclables, or chemicals in trash cart - a separate collection is provided for these items. Do not place hot ashes in the trash can. Place ashes in a sealed bag, set bag outside to cool. Once ashes are cool, place the bag in the trash can for disposal.” I am glad I investigated because all this time we have been doing it the wrong way and we were all wondering why they leave our trash. [1 image, 1 links, 1 quotation, 124 words]


No comments:

Post a Comment